Welcome to Insight Admissions
You know what you want—admission to top MBA programs.
The bad news: You’ve got company. The field is ultra competitive and the bar keeps getting higher.
The good news: Getting into the business school of your dreams requires insight into your strengths, values, motivations, and vision; a sound marketing strategy; and fresh, engaging writing. I can help.
A Stanford MBA, I have served as an editor, writer, writing coach, and marketing consultant for the past 18 years, collaborating with corporate clients, nonprofits, promising authors, and MBA candidates alike. Through my previous experience in management consulting and research work with best-selling management author Jim Collins, I am also an expert at mining for information and unearthing the hidden gems in MBA applicants’ backgrounds.* Let’s leverage and package your assets so that your HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Chicago, Kellogg, MIT Sloan, [fill in dream school] acceptance is in sight.
The Insight Admissions Advantage
- Results: I have 10 years of success in MBA-admissions consulting, getting MBA candidates worldwide into the best business schools and gaining my own admission to several top-ranked programs.
- Industry breadth: Having served clients in an array of industries, including private equity, investment banking, venture capital, retail banking, telecom, publishing/media/Internet, software and hardware engineering, structural and civil engineering, consumer and high-tech product marketing, energy, nonprofit, and military, I know how to differentiate you. If you are a nontraditional MBA applicant, I also know how to sell you.
- Seeing you: I have an uncommon ability to get to the essence of who you are and help you gain insight into yourself. This enables us to pinpoint and transform compelling life themes, driving passions, and memorable stories into application essays that will capture admissions-committee members’ hearts and minds.
- Leadership orientation: Based on my in-depth study and research over the last two decades, I have an intimate understanding of what it takes to lead effectively in the 21st century. I can help you identify and articulate your leadership attributes.
- Wordsmithing edge: I provide keen MBA-essay editing and eagle-eye proofreading.
- Personalized, high-touch service: The MBA-admissions journey is more arduous and stressful than most people anticipate. I serve a select number of clients each year so that I can provide you with the guidance and support you need. In addition to assisting you with your MBA applications, I can instruct you in a range of stress-management practices.
- Ongoing relationship: Post-acceptance, I can refer you to relevant career information, provide leads on jobs, or help you network, particularly in the fields of corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and social entrepreneurship.
It is never too early to start building an eye-catching MBA profile, so if you are considering applying in 2012 or beyond, contact me so that we can chart a winning course.
*I performed research for Jim Collin’s Built to Last; edited his last book, How the Mighty Fall; and performed research for and edited his latest book, Great by Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos, and Luck—Why Some Thrive Despite Them All.